We offer hundreds of fabrics, and we demand that each fabric we use surpass industry rub tests designed to reflect daily wear. To maintain the look and feel of your upholstered pieces, the following actions are recommended:
UPHOLSTERY FABRIC CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- Vacuum upholstery regularly using the soft brush upholstery attachment and crevice tool of your vacuum to remove loose particles.
- Annual cleaning is also suggested, but this may vary depending on use.
- To prevent possible "bleeding" of ink onto fabric, do not leave newspapers or other printed material on upholstery.
- Take special care when spraying household chemicals and commercial products near upholstery.
- Note that while all fabric and leather may fade over time, it is recommended to avoid placing your furniture in direct sunlight to prevent fading.
SPILLS AND SPOT CLEANING
- Professional upholstery cleaning is always recommended: periodic cleaning by a professional upholstery cleaning service is the only recommended cleaning method for your upholstery.
- In some cases, spot cleaning can cause a ring or fading; it is best to have the entire piece or cushion casing cleaned by a professional upholstery cleaning service to ensure uniform results.
- If you decide to spot clean on your own, check the standard cleaning code (below) to determine the correct type of product to use.
- Blot spills immediately with a clean, absorbent white cloth. Always blot, never rub: blot from the outside to the middle of the affected area to prevent rings.
- Fabric pile basics may require brushing with a nonmetallic, stiff bristle brush to restore appearance.
- Always pretest cleaning agents in a small, unnoticeable area.
- Never use strong chemicals or detergents.
- Never launder your cushion core covers in the washing machine; the washing machine should not be used for upholstery maintenance. Upholstery fabric must only be treated according to the cleaning code found on the fabric swatch.
Industry standard cleaning codes indicate the correct cleaning method based on the type of fabric. The cleaning code for each piece can be found on the fabric swatch. Sales associates can help you determine the appropriate cleaning code.
O - Organic Fabrics
Wash in cold water using biodegradable detergent or eco-friendly soap; air dry. Organic dry cleaning is also recommended. For spot-cleaning, test a small, inconspicuous area first with a biodegradable or eco-friendly cleaner.
W - Water-Based Cleaners
Water-based cleaning agents or foam may be used on man-made fabrics such as nylon, acetate and polyester. If spot-cleaning, use a mild water-free solvent or dry cleaning agent such as a mild detergent or non solvent upholstery shampoo product. Use only distilled water; tap water may cause rings or fading. Apply foam with a soft brush in a circular motion. Vacuum when dry. Pretest a small area before proceeding to clean. Note that the use of a professional furniture cleaning service is always highly recommended.
S - Solvent or Dry-Cleaning Products
A mild, water-free solvent or dry-cleaning product should be used on fabrics of an organic nature; cotton, rayon, linen, wool and acrylic. Only mild, water-free cleaning solvents should be used. Never use water, and do not dry clean. Clean only in a well-ventilated room and avoid any product containing carbon tetrachloride, which is highly toxic. Pretest a small area before proceeding to clean. Note that the use of a professional furniture cleaning service is always highly recommended.
SW - Solvent and/or Water-Based Cleaners
Foaming or mild water-based cleaning agents or water-free cleaning solvents may be used. Spot clean using a mild solvent, an upholstery shampoo or the foam from a mild detergent. Use only distilled water; tap water may cause rings or fading. When using a solvent or dry cleaning product, follow instructions carefully and clean only in a well-ventilated room. Avoid any product which contains carbon tetrachloride which is highly toxic. Pretest a small area before proceeding to clean. Note that the use of a professional furniture cleaning service is always highly recommended.
X - Vacuum or Brush Only
Clean this type of fabric only by vacuuming or lightly brushing to prevent accumulation of dust and grime. Water-based foam or solvent-based cleaning agents of any kind may cause excessive shrinking, fading or spotting and therefore should not be used.
NOTE: Care may vary depending on fabric. For more detailed care instructions, please contact Customer Care.
We are the proud purveyors of several kinds of durable fabrics. These fabrics offer increased longevity, and are ideally suited for households with children or pets.
Relax More. Worry Less. Live Your Happy Life at Home. LiveOn Performance Fabrics offer inherent durability and longevity with exceptional cleanability. No room is off limits when your furniture is upholstered in stain and spill-resistant LiveOn performance fabrics. Shop LiveOn and make sure your furniture is ready for life's unexpected moments-even when you're not.
- For liquid spills: immediately blot the fabric surface gently.
- Spot clean: soak a clean cloth towel in a soap and water mixture. Clean area in a circular motion. Pat dry with a cloth.
- For stubborn stains: use multi-purpose cleaner (Upholstery Cleaner).
- Pile fabrics may require light brushing with a non-metallic brush.
LiveOn Fabric Warranty
It is the manufacturer's policy to stand behind the stain resistance and cleaning performance of its LiveOn (LiveSmart) category of products for a period of three years from the date of sale to the consumer, provided fabrication guidelines are met and consumer abuse or neglect is not present. This warranty applies to common household stains* (specific exclusions being ink marks, crayon, mustard and vegetable oil based products). This warranty is valid only when used in accordance with its intended use as indoor residential furniture. Damage/staining due to neglect or allowing the fabric to become excessively soiled without cleaning, or resulting from not following the proper LIVEON (LiveSmart) cleaning guidelines, is not covered under this warranty. The warranty is void by the application of any Retail Applied Fabric Treatment or any other chemical treatments applied to the fabric by a party other than the manufacturer.
This warranty applies to the original purchaser of the fabric and covers the replacement cost of the fabric only, at original purchase price. The manufacturer will not be responsible for any other cost of the replacement, such as installation and labor costs.
*Common household stains include coffee, wine, soda, beer, ketchup, salsa, chocolate syrup, ice cream, jelly, dirt, urine, Crayola magic marker, milk, tea, juices, blood, Kool Aid. Exclusions include ink marks, crayon, mustard and vegetable oil based products.
EverStrand™ is brought to you by Karastan. The cleanest, most sustainable carpet for your home: EverStrand fibers are crafted from 100% recycled materials. 25% of all plastic bottles collected in the USA are used to create EverStrand fibers, which use only the highest-grade plastic. Remarkably soft, these fibers are strengthened both for durability and a fresh, lasting appearance. Advanced soil and stain protection makes these rugs easy to clean, and it's the world's most sustainable carpet because it's made from up to 100% recycled content using Karastan's innovative Continuum process.
SmartStrand® is brought to you by Karastan. The only carpet with permanent built-in stain and soil protection, the eco-friendly SmartStrand fibers are designed with advanced fiber innovation to offer built-in stain resistance that never wears or washes off. Crafted from renewable corn resources, the production of these fibers emits fewer greenhouse gasses and requires less energy than any other manufactured rug fibers.