Stressless® by Ekornes Full Lifetime Warranty
As the longest standing retailer of Stressless by Ekornes, we want you to enjoy this product as much as we have over the past 45+ years and we are proud to offer a Full Lifetime Warranty on all Stressless by Ekornes products.
Lifetime Warranty on Internal Mechanism and Base
Free from defects in material and workmanship, the metal frame, springs, gliding system and swivel ring will perform without fault for the lifetime of the product. Normal wear and tear is to be expected and is not covered by this warranty. Normal wear and tear is defined as deterioration over time due to ordinary and reasonable use. Warranty does not apply to woodwork, leather or defects arising from product use not in accordance with the recommendations of the manufacturer. Nor does this warranty apply to damages or defects caused by any repairs performed by individuals or vendors not authorized by Scandinavian Designs.
Lifetime Warranty on Cushions
Free from defects in material and workmanship, which includes interior padding within the chair and/or ottoman, the product will perform without fault for the duration of ownership by the original owner, excluding normal wear and tear. Normal wear and tear is defined as deterioration over time due to ordinary and reasonable use. Some deformation and indentation is considered normal wear and tear, and is a normal part of the break-in process, thus is not covered by this full lifetime warranty.
Lifetime Warranty on Upholstery
Free from defects in material and workmanship, the warranty on upholstery covers the leather upholstery including stitching and zippered assemblies. Assuming that the product has been cared and maintained using Scandinavian Designs approved guidelines (below) for maintaining leather furniture. The appearance of leather will change over time according to its use. It is common to see varying degrees of fading, wrinkling, cracking or other reactions over the course of time. Exposure to skin and hair product may accelerate this change. See guidelines below for more information on leather care.
Terms and Conditions:
- This Lifetime Warranty applies to select Stressless by Ekornes products purchased after January 1st, 2016.
- Scandinavian Designs reserves the right to determine the best method of remedy. Remedies may include repair, replacement or credits for future purchases.
- Warranty is for furnishings used for personal, home use. Furnishings used in workplace settings are not warrantied.
- This Lifetime Warranty is voided when terms are broken; and/or the items are not maintained as expected.
- The Full Lifetime Warranty outlined above is exclusive to Scandinavian Designs.
- Service by non-authorized personnel or company may void (nullify) the warranty.
- Proof of purchase is required and warranty obligations toll from the date of initial purchase.
- If a product has been discontinued and is no longer available, Scandinavian Designs may honor (at its sole discretion) the Full Lifetime Warranty by offering a credit - for an amount determined by Scandinavian Designs - applicable towards replacements for discontinued or non-repairable items that qualify for service under the Scandinavian Designs Full Lifetime Warranty.
Express Warranties; Exclusion of Implied Warranties. Scandinavian Designs warrants that the goods supplied will be of merchantable quality; and that a full lifetime warranty - beyond any warranty by the manufacturer and statutory obligation within the state where the product was purchased - applies to select Stressless by Ekornes items purchased after January 1st, 2016. This is seller's sole warranty with respect to the goods. Parole evidence rule applies, and any changes to the terms of this full warranty must be in writing, and signed by Scandinavian Designs. Agreement is void if manufacturer becomes insolvent. This warranty does not apply to products affected by product recalls, or product safety recalls.
Disputes between the parties will be adjudicated via alternative dispute resolution methods in the form of binding. Arbitration will take place within the State of purchase, with each party responsible for an equal share of arbitration costs and fees.
Scandinavian Designs reserves the right to change or modify this offer at any time.
SELLER MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTY OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED; AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE WHICH EXCEED THE AFORESAID OBLIGATION ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED BY SELLER AND EXCLUDED FROM THIS AGREEMENT.
Scandinavian Designs Approved Guidelines for caring for and Maintaining Leather Furniture
Congratulations on your purchase of Scandinavian Designs leather furniture. We have prepared a list of helpful tips and guidelines to follow when caring for and using your leather furniture. Whenever possible, include some of our helpful tips below in your weekly home maintenance routine to help increase the longevity and enjoyment of your newly acquired leather furniture.
Keep Free from Dust and Debris
- Wipe leather regularly with a clean, dry cloth.
- Vacuum under and between cushions whenever possible. How often to vacuum? An easy reminder of how often, is when you vacuum you floors; vacuum your furniture.
- Clean up spills immediately. Blot (do not rub) the spill with a clean, dry cloth. Leather will absorb moisture and discolor if spills are left untreated.
- Do not steam clean leather upholstered furniture.
Clean and Condition
- Clean and condition the leather every 6-12 months or as needed to keep the leather from drying out and developing cracks.
- Do not use cleaning products that are not intended for leather. Avoid oil soap, dish soap and saddle soap. Do not use bleach, detergent, solvents or cleaners containing ammonia such a window cleaner.
- Not all leather cleaner conditioners are right for all leathers. Be sure to spot test any new product on a less noticeable area of the furniture before applying the product all over. This will allow a person to view the effects of the product without damaging the furniture and avoid a potentially bad result.
Monitor Potential Household Hazards
- Avoid direct sunlight. Leather is a natural material and can fade when exposed to the sun for long periods of time. The sun may also make the leather dry and cause cracking.
- Heat will damage leather. Keep leather furniture a minimum of 12" from any heat source such as: a heater vent, fireplace or space heater.
- Please note that pets are not always a perfect companion for leather furniture. If your animal will also be using your furniture, be sure to maintain proper pet grooming by keeping your pets nails trimmed/filed and their fur clean.
Finally, always be sure to read the manufacturer's instructions carefully before using your new furniture and be sure to pay attention to the type of leather that you have selected. The type of leather will sometimes determine the level of care or maintenance required. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the care of your leather furniture or if your item requires additional services, please contact the showroom for assistance.