Shop Safe Policy
AN IMPORTANT NOTE TO OUR COMMUNITY
The Scandinavian Designs family is here because of you. Our relationship with many of you goes back over five generations. As we move past this stretch of time apart, we will begin re-opening our showrooms and look forward to reconnecting with you soon.
Visit our Find A Store page to determine if the showroom near you is currently open.
We have made changes to our hours:
Monday - Saturday 10* - 6
Sunday - 11 - 6
*Please reserve the first hour on weekdays (10am to 11am) for Seniors over 60 and our customers with vulnerabilities.
REMINDERS FOR SAFE SHOPPING
Our re-opening will bring with it new ways of shopping, and we want to share with you how our store experience will look moving forward, as well as the measures we continue to take to protect both you and our employees.
As you remember from your prior visits, our stores are designed intentionally to provide an open and spacious shopping experience for customers. The natural layout of our showrooms offers built-in room to move, allowing all of us to adhere to social distancing guidelines while in the store.
Please stay home if you feel unwell, particularly if you have a cough or fever. Our online shopping system is smooth and simple—we work hard to make sure you can use this option if you’re unable to come in-store.
When in store, please respect social distancing guidelines and maintain six feet of distance from fellow customers and employees.
We greatly appreciate your efforts to wear masks or face coverings as local mandates require. We will be wearing them too. We're all in this together.
We are sanitizing our showrooms frequently and invite you to bring your own personal sanitizing wipes and hand sanitizer, as you see fit.
Please use this virtual self-check tool from Johns Hopkins' Medicine before visiting a store: https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-self-checker.html
WHAT WE'RE DOING DIFFERENTLY
Our teams are preparing for your visit by:
- Adhering to up-to-date guidelines provided by local officials, the CDC and the WHO.
- Our employees have been trained on the most recent guidelines of workplace sanitization procedures and rigorously practice them.
- We require all employees to self-check and only report to work when well.
- We sanitize our showrooms and warehouses several times a day and report a thorough audit to our company monitor to ensure total company compliance.
- Our employees will wear face masks and maintain a six-foot distance from coworkers and customers.
- Plexiglass partitions have been installed at our cash-wrap stations for extra protection
- We have upgraded sanitary protocols for cash and credit card handling including touchless credit card readers, emailed receipts, sanitized pens stored in a secure/low use drawer and hand sanitizer for guests and employees.
- We have email receipts available to eliminate the need for paper exchange.
- Most of our showrooms are over 30,000 square feet with wide, meandering paths that ensure the possibility of safe social distancing.
- Even at our peak shopping hours, the number of shoppers in our buildings is a small fraction in relation to the building’s capacity.
PREFER A VIRTUAL APPOINTMENT?
We are happy to help you by phone, text or video chat. Just give us a call and let us know your preferred shopping method and we will contact you via your preferred platform.
WE CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU
We consider our customers and our staff part of a larger family. Your health and safety are the most important thing right now.
We appreciate your understanding and adherence to our new in-store shopping guidelines.
We look forward to working together again!
The Scandinavian Designs team